EasyCare® plans cover the cost to repair or replace covered parts that fail after the manufacturers’ warranty expires. All plans come with 24/7 Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Reimbursement, and Towing Reimbursement. Both StatedCare and TotalCare also feature free Wheel & Tire Road Hazard Coverage and Trip Interruption Expense Reimbursement. See Warranty Plan Benefits for details.
With EasyCare, you choose the deductible, repair facility and the plan that best meets your needs. You can also transfer your EasyCare plan to the vehicle’s new owner
See a side-by-side coverage comparison in the Compare Plans chart.
To qualify for EasyCare coverage, your car, truck, SUV, or RV must be:
- New — EasyCare is offered by more than 2,000 dealers, and can usually be financed with your vehicle purchase. See Find an EasyCare dealer.
- Used — with fewer than 80,000 miles and not more than 10 model years old. If you have 30 days and 1000 miles of manufacturer warranty coverage remaining, you may be eligible to purchase coverage without an inspection. If not, your vehicle must pass inspection at a licensed repair facility. EasyCare Customer Care can provide you with an inspection form to be completed by the repair facility. Please call 1-800-230-2434.
- Drive a vehicle for commercial purposes? You may qualify for EasyCare Commercial Coverage.
Note: Contracts do not cover pre-existing conditions or repairs resulting from lack of proper maintenance. You must keep your vehicle properly maintained to ensure coverage under the warranty.
Questions to Ask Yourself
An extended warranty (vehicle service contract) works a lot like insurance: Pay one single fee (which can be financed) and the warranty company pays your repairs down the road.
To figure out what’s the best warranty for your driving style, budget and threshold for repair risk, start by answering these questions:
- How many years do you plan to keep your car?
- Will you purchase a new or used vehicle?
- How will an unexpected $3,000 or more repair bill impact your family budget?
- Do you want a warranty that comes with 24/7 roadside assistance, towing reimbursement, rental car reimbursement and other driver benefits?
- Do you want a warranty that covers your tires and wheels, if you run over glass or metal?
Once you’ve answered these questions, you’ll have a better idea of which extended warranty makes the most sense for your family.
If you’ve wondered about the cost of auto repairs and the threat large, unexpected repair bills present, see our Typical Repair Costs chart.
EasyCare is There!
Since 1984, 5 million car owners have trusted EasyCare® extended warranties to be there – when they need it most.
EasyCare has paid out nearly $2.3 billion in claims, fixing everything from transmissions, to engines, to wheel bearings, and everything in between.
EasyCare is the only MOTOR TREND® Recommended Best Buy extended auto warranty. And it is loved equally by both repair shops and customers, who know that EasyCare is easy care.
In fact, EasyCare will be there when others won’t. Learn more by reading these links: